Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend style

Where I grew up in Central Wisconsin, orange was for hunters during deer season. So I've never really ever worn orange in trying to distance myself as much as possible from those gun-toting crazies who fall out of deer stands after drinking too much or fall asleep in a tree because they got up too early to catch that 'turdy point buck'. But now since I'm all grown up and live in a city, I think I can permit myself a spot of sunshiny brightness. I found the most beautiful, soft, drapey tee at GAP during their amazing Columbus Day sale in a few colors. I am getting tired of only wearing military green and gray...and this fun color caught my eye.  Here are hubby, baby and I at the Capitol this past Saturday, seeing the sights of the 'shutdown'. *coughcoughimeanslimdown 
The Lincoln memorial was especially entertaining (I say this with a spot of sarcasm). It was one of the few sites actually shut down...with about 20 armed guards standing there to make sure no American got to see Honest Abe. It would have been a really sad sight except for the presence of a few hotheaded young dudes who tried to jump over the barrier and got themselves (I think) arrested for their pains.
I wore my new orange tee with my trust leopard scarf, my ancient Banana Republic trench, American Eagle jeggings and my new tall Timberland boots (a birthday present from my mom. Aren't they pretty? I'd been lusting after a pair of Fryes, but I just can't go there yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment