Thursday, October 31, 2013

one week...in a weekender


Everlane Reverse-Denim Weekender
the weekender I wish I had
I do this all the time. I wait til the very last minute to pack for a trip, overpack, and end up not wearing half the stuff I packed. This time, instead of rifling through my suitcase, I'll build some outfit ideas ahead of time with just a few basic items that can mix and match. The combinations are endless! Here's some options for a casual thanksgiving week with family, including 2 church options and ideas for date night, shopping and hanging out. Yep, date night--because we loove free babysitting.

one week...in a weekener

Here's how I'm hoping to style the dress:

For church: over a plaid shirt (sleeves rolled up) with booties and black tights, .
For thanksgiving day/dinner with family: knee-high socks, riding boots, plaid scarf
For weekend shopping and hanging out: wear plaid shirt as a jacket over the dress, tights, riding boots, leather jacket (if needed)

Here's how I would style the knit pencil skirt:

For church: with the gray tee, plaid scarf, black booties and tights.
For date night: black sequin tee, plaid scarf, black booties and tights.
For shopping/hanging out: white tee with plaid shirt tied around the waist, riding boots and knee-high socks.
For the 12-hour drive: gray tee with plaid shirt as a jacket, riding boots and black tights for the cozy factor. I love wearing comfortable skirts for long drives--wedgies are no fun.

Here's some ideas for the black knit pants and skinny jeans:

For dinner out: with black sequin tee over the plaid shirt, booties
For hanging out...option 1:  plaid shirt and booties. Option 2: white tee with plaid scarf and leather jacket and riding boots or booties. Option 3: gray tee with plaid shirt tied around waist or as jacket with black booties. Option 4: Green tee with plaid scarf and leather jacket.

These ideas are for a warmer-ish climate because we're going to my inlaw's in Alabama. If I was going to a colder climate, I would add a gray slouchy V-neck sweater or sweatshirt...and maybe swap out one tee for a black and white stripe long-sleeved version (or a striped turtleneck).


Note: I don't own the booties...yet. One more week til another budget cycle!




No comments:

Post a Comment