Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 10

Thrifting is a relatively new hobby/obsession for me. I started learning how to do it after T and I got married. I used to turn up my nose at 'those people' who shopped at Goodwill.  I have since repented.

This adorable Loft dress called my name hanging on the rack at Goodwill yesterday. And I love it. It's a cool linen fabric and I love the stripes and yellow accents. I think it would be better with my skinny brown leather belt, but alas, has disappeared somewhere while moving.

I have found that one has to be careful thrifting, or else go broke saving money. The items I consider have to fit in at least one of these categories:
1. Fit/wear right now. 
2. Supply a 'need' in my closet...even if it's a designer button down, for example, I don't need another one if there are 3 hanging in my closet, unworn. I don't need a cocktail dress, even if it's only $20, because I don't have any cocktail dress-worthy events.
3. Need minimal tailoring, and can be done while Baby naps. 
I have purchased items at Goodwill with the intent of repurposing or tailoring...but they are currently sitting in a box, waiting and lonely...and I will probably never finish them. I was nicknamed the Queen of Unfinished Projects as a teenager for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment