Wednesday, October 9, 2013

shorts and tights

I tried something I've never done before...wearing shorts with tights. It seemed...almost too bad-girl bold and unusual and scary for my conservative, good-girl Midwestern sensibilities. But..I'm trying to find fresh ways to style things I already have, and I'm kind of bored with my usual boots-tucked-into-jeans fall and winter uniform. After a  bunch of  obsessive searching on Pinterest for ideas, I think I came up with the basic elements needed to nail this look: 

1.) bottoms of similar shade; like navy with gray or black with gray, or denim with gray...ect. I think the idea behind this is to not chop off your legs. 
2). simple accessories: so the outfit dosen't look too 'fashiony' and over-the-top, (a pendant necklace would work equally well and 
3.) a tucked-in, neutral top. 

I wore this to a play date and found this outfit extremely comfortable and mom-friendly... no worries about exposing yourself while sitting cross-legged on the floor with toddlers and babies crawling all over you!

 What I'm wearing: ancient navy twill shorts with ancient gray ribbed tights, very old navy striped sweater...and I later swapped the ancient flats with ancient black suede and leather boots, all circa 2009. Everything I'm wearing (except the scarf and tee) is at least 4 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment